Nanny Holiday Bonus and Gift Ideas
The holiday season is the perfect time to show your appreciation for your Nanny, House Manager, or Domestic Employee. The industry standard for annual bonuses is typically 1-4 weeks of pay, depending on performance and length of service. Annual bonuses or holiday bonuses are typically paid in December. Additionally, most families give a gift at this time as well.
Gift Ideas for Nanny and Domestic Workers
- Give a gift that lasts the whole year: You can give an annual membership to a favorite fitness studio, their favorite place to get a massage, the US Whitewater Center, to a car wash, or many other places that offer annual memberships. You could also give them a year or a few months of a meal prep service, a subscription box for something they will use on a regular basis, or lessons in something your nanny is interested in.
- Gift cards to local stores, for services, and restaurants: Support a local business while thanking your Nanny or Domestic employee for a job well done by purchasing a gift card to a local restaurant, nail salon, or local store. Or, you could also purchase a gift card to Amazon for them as well, so they can treat themselves to whatever they need from Amazon.
- Create a gift basket: Gift baskets are a way to put a personal touch on a holiday gift. You can create a fun basket of items for your nanny to enjoy. Ideas would be self care items, coffee, wine, snacks, fuzzy socks, jewelry, a soft blanket, gift cards, books, tickets to the movies, popcorn, candles, etc.
- Spa experience: Purchase a gift card to a local spa (Ballantyne Spa, Rock Barn Spa, Grove Park Inn Spa, Pinehurst Spa). Or you can make a self care/spa basket for your nanny to have a spa day at home.
- Car detailing: Everyone loves driving a clean car. A great gift option is to purchase your nanny a gift card to a car detailing service or a car wash membership.
- A kindle: To enjoy reading during their downtime. They can use their Kindle to read and stay updated on child development books/articles.
- Apple Watch or Fitness Tracker: This would be a great gift for a Nanny or Domestic Worker so they stay connected on the go, or use their tracker to help them achieve their fitness goals.
- Personalized gift from your family or children: A photo album of the year they’ve had, an ornament, a fun craft, paint your own pottery from your children, or a coffee mug with your child(ren)’s photo.
- A gift from The Children’s Theater Winter Wonderland Shop: Each year the Children’s Theater of Charlotte host this awesome Holiday Event. During this event children up to 12 years old are invited to shop on the Wells Fargo Playhouse stage for pre-wrapped gifts costing $1.00 – $7.00. This is a fun event and way for your children to shop independently for their nannies, parents, grandparents, and other caregivers. For more information visit: https://ctcharlotte.org/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=D81085CB-4DEA-458B-BC35-4E5EBEB13E8D
Gifts are not obligatory, but they are a wonderful way to express love, gratitude, and appreciation for a job well done throughout the year. Please remember to shop locally whenever possible. This supports local businesses and helps the local economy.