Welcome to Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency™! We are delighted to assist you and your family in finding the best Nanny or Domestic Professional to work in your home. Our dedicated local placement firm that has conducted custom searches for many families in the Charlotte Metro Area and the Carolinas for the past 10 plus years. The agency specializes in placing Live-Out Nannies, House Managers, Babysitters, and Domestic professionals. Each search we do is customized and tailored to fit your family’s unique needs. Our thorough placement process results in long-lasting placements of nanny and domestic professionals, that you can trust to provide the very best care to your family and home.
Our goal in your search is to showcase the best nanny and domestic candidates available in the Charlotte Metro Area and around the Carolinas. The agency is owned and operated by Charlotte Natives and parents. Our team (including Emily Miller) consists of former Nanny and Domestic industry professionals, childcare professionals, a foster parent, and a parent of multiples. It is our mission that we are providing a placement experience that provides each family trust and confidence in our service, as every placement is treated as if we were making the placement for our very own families. As parents and industry professionals, it is very important to us that all parents hire the best possible Nanny and Domestic employee that meets their unique needs. We want you to really connect with your nanny or domestic employee, have them work with your family long-term, and become an integral part of your family.
Here at Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency™, we take pride in being extremely proactive in our recruiting efforts, and have developed a thorough placement process that meets and exceeds all industry standards. Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency™ provides the best Nanny, Babysitting, and Domestic Placements in Charlotte and the Carolinas. Our team strives to provide the best placement experience for both families and candidates. The placement process ensures that everything is set up for success to create a long-term fit. We do this by requiring families we work with to offer legal and competitive pay, standard nanny benefits, and have a work agreement in place before a candidate starts work. Over the years, we have been able to build our nanny and domestic placement agency on a solid foundation of integrity, backed by our solid reputation around Charlotte and the Carolinas. As we continue to serve the community, we look forward to partnering with you and providing our thorough placement service to families like yours for years to come.
Please fill out the following application to start your search and we will be in touch within 24 – 48 hours.
All of Our Nanny and Domestic Candidates
- Pass our extensive pre-screening: Including providing a Resume and documents, completing a one on one interview with a placement specialist, and submitting verifiable references.
- Have at least 1-3 years of prior nanny, childcare, or in-home domestic experience (On average most of the nanny and domestic candidates we place have 3-5 years’ experience).
- Have a college degree or equivalent experience (some candidates have also taken childcare education courses)
- Have reliable transportation to get to and from work each day, and transport children as needed.
- Must be CPR/AED and First Aid Certified prior to starting their position.
- Candidates pass a reference check: All candidates we refer go through a reference check conducted in house by the Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency™
- Pass a National, county by county criminal and civil background Check, driving record check, social security verification, sexual offender registry check, and security watch list search. The background check is completed as close to hiring as possible, once a contingent job offer is made, and the family is given the full completed report.
- Are ready to sign a work agreement with a family, and commit long-term. They also can sign a separate NDA if needed.
Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency ™ has developed a thorough 14 step placement process. This process ensures that our team is making the best placement possible for your family, and setting your family up for long-term success.
- To initiate your search, you will fill out the application above. Once the application is submitted, you will be directed to PayPal to pay a $350.00 non-refundable registration fee. (This covers the background check and administrative costs to conduct your search).
- After we receive your application and registration fee payment, we will send you a welcome email within 24 – 48 hours to set up a call to go over your family’s needs for a Nanny or Domestic placement search. During that intake call with a placement coordinator, we will go over your family’s unique needs, detailed information on how the process works, industry standards and legally paying your nanny and domestic employee, and other important information to set your search up for a success.
- Following that call, we will then send our client agreement over for you to review, and to e-sign if your family agrees to the terms of working with the agency. (This agreement goes over the process, terms and conditions, and our amazing one time replacement search guarantee for long-term placements.)
- Once signed, a member of our team will write up a custom job description, then send it over via email for edits and approval.
- When your family approves a final draft of your job description for posting, we will get your job description posted and start your search.
- At this point, we will look into our database (which consists of thousands of local candidates) and see who, meets your needs, is available, and interested in your position. We also will recruit directly for your position. We recruit in all avenues via posting your job posting on our website, numerous job boards, on social media (we create a custom social media advertisement for each placement), and via our monthly newsletter that is sent out to candidates in our extensive database.
- Once we identify candidates that best meet your needs, we will send nanny and domestic candidate profiles over via email for your family to review. We send these profiles on a rolling basis, as available.
- After reviewing profiles, your family would then let the agency know whom you wish to interview. We will then coordinate interviews with the candidates of your choice. We are happy to accommodate both Zoom and in-person interviews, or just in-person interviews depending on your preference.
- Upon completion of candidate interviews, your family will notify the agency of which candidate you would like to move forward with, and offer your position to.
- Your family will let us know what your contingent offer is, and the agency will extend that offer to the candidate of your choice.
- Once the candidate accepts the position, we will provide a copy of the nanny or domestic candidate’s reference report (in our pre-screening process, we call all references in-house and write a report for each candidate. The family is then encouraged to call references directly as well.). A full background check is conducted at this point (we conduct the most extensive nationwide background check we can as close to hiring as possible, in order to provide the most up to date information). Once completed, the full background check report is sent to the clients for review.
- Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency ™ provides each family with a work agreement template to use (we have tailored this agreement over the years to go over every detail of your expectations, offerings, and terms of employment). Your family is welcome to use the work agreement template to create a work agreement for your position, or provide one of your own. Once the work agreement is completed by your family, you will send the agreement over to the agency. Then the agency will send the work agreement over to the candidate for review and e-signature.
- Once the agreement is signed by both parties, the agency will invoice your family for the placement fee. Paying the placement fee is the final step in placement.
- We will then exchange contact information between the family and nanny. This will finalize the placement process.
*The clients are at all times the direct employers of any Nanny or Domestic employee hired. Clients are solely responsible for hiring and terminating their employee, managing and overseeing employment, paying the employee legally, and providing the benefits outlined in the work agreement. Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency NEVER directly employs any nanny or domestic candidates referred, and is solely a referral agency. Furthermore, the agency is not responsible for managing or overseeing employment, paying employees, or hiring or terminating employees. That is the responsibility of the clients who are directly hiring the candidates.*
Your next question may be “So what do I do if my nanny is sick or going on vacation, and is not able to work?” At Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency, we make every effort to coordinate back up care when a nanny and domestic is out of work.
We offer a backup nanny service to our current clients. Our backup service is provided in order to make every effort to provide a backup care provider in the instance that your employee is out sick or on vacation. We however cannot provide a 100% guarantee that we will be able to confirm a backup care provider for each need (All back up placements are reliant on the current back up care providers availability when your request is made). However, we do make every effort to confirm a backup care provider when requested. If we are able to confirm a provider for a backup need, we charge a daily placement fee of $30.00 a day for more than 24 hour notice, and $60.00 for less than 24 hour notice. The family is then responsible for paying the backup nanny directly at $22.00 dollars plus an hour at the end of each shift (hourly rate will be pre-negotiated, prior to the backup care provider’s arrival). Hourly rates are negotiable and dependent on the number of children cared for, and the experience and expertise of the provider.
All Long-Term Placements Come With Our Amazing 12-month Replacement Search Guarantee!
Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency offers a replacement search guarantee for all long-term placements for the first 12 months (No guarantee is provided for short term or temporary placements). This is not a money back guarantee, but simply states that we will provide a replacement search one time FREE of charge within the first 12 months if the candidate quits or is let go. This is one of the longest and strongest guarantees in the nanny placement industry and we have provided this to families over the past 10 plus years. We are able to offer this guarantee because set up all placements for success, and we believe in the quality and extensive pre-screening process that comes with our placements.
Our Promise to Each Client
We promise to provide each client with the most custom and thorough Nanny and Domestic placements possible. We also promise to treat each placement as we were placing for our own family, and work with each client to provide a top-notch, custom nanny or domestic placement experience.
Our team is here 100% for each client we work with. We offer each family support and guidance for the duration of their placement, whether the placement last for 12 months or 12 years, we are here to support you every step of the way!
Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency Offers continuous support for all clients, for the whole duration of the placement whether it’s a 6 month placement or the placement last 10 years. Between working in the industry, ourselves, placing nannies and domestic professionals for 10 plus years, and managing our own domestic employees, we have the experience and expertise to help your family through any situation, or answer any questions that may come up.
Placement Process Timeline
The placement process typically takes 4-8 weeks on average. With that being said, it could take less than 4 weeks or more than 8 weeks. The timeline is dependent on the details and offerings listed in the position, current candidate pool interest, and if any special circumstances come into play.
Awards and Associations
We are one of two agencies based out of NC who are members of the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies, which is a national association that vets all members. We are also proud members of the International Nanny Association.
Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency™ has won the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Tega Cay Family Favorite Award for 2023, as well as the South Charlotte Macaroni Kid “Best Childcare Resource” Golden Daisy Award for 7 years, from 2013 – 2020. Additionally, our team was awarded the Charlotte Parent Magazine’s Readers Favorite Award for Babysitting/Nanny service in 2017 and 2018. GTM Payroll Services awarded us as “Outstanding Agency” in 2020, and in 2021 we won the Silver Medal in the Childcare Category, and the Bronze Medal in the Staffing Agencies category in the Charlotte Best Awards, hosted in partnership with the Charlotte Observer.
Required Standard Nanny and Domestic Benefits
The standard Nanny and Domestic benefits candidates in the industry look for in addition to legal hourly pay are: Continued pay while the family is away, two weeks of PTO (10 days of their own choosing), 3 sick days, paid major holidays, paid mileage for on the job driving (not to and from work), and an annual performance-based bonus (typically paid in December). These standard benefits are required to be offered to the candidates you consider.
Other added benefits would be Health Benefits, 401-K, Sign on Bonus, and other benefits some families are able to offer. These added benefits are not required.
Charlotte’s Best Nanny Agency
1244 East Blvd, Suite 2D, Charlotte NC 28203