There are some fun things to do in Charlotte this month. Here are some suggested activities from Charlotte Parent and Macaroni Kid South Charlotte.
**Please be sure to check with businesses on specific details and to follow social distancing and mask requirements per state and local guidelines.**
Holiday Activities Around Town
- Enjoy ice skating at the White Water Center. There’s also a walking trail with a great light display.
- Experience Carowinds Taste of the Season. There are holiday shows and food from 30 stations. Ends this Sunday!
- Drive through the holiday lights at Charlotte Motor Speedway, NC Transportation Museum, or in Mc Addenville.
- Explore Winter Wonderlands at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, Billy Graham Library, and the Charlotte Christmas Village.
- Tour the Festival of Trees in Belmont, visit Gingerbread Lane at the Ballantyne Hotel, or view lights at Truist Field and Mooresville Town Hall.
If you’re wanting to stay in and celebrate the holidays, there are still plenty of ideas for fun. Check out Pinterest for holiday craft ideas.
- Bake cookies
- Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Decorate a dessert or charcuterie board.
- Have a holiday movie marathon. Check out Disney +, Hallmark, and Netflix.
- Play and singholiday trivia
- Enjoy holiday music
- Write letters to Santa
Whether you’re cozy at home or exploring the metro area, we encourage you to have some fun (while following all Covid-19 safety guidelines) with holiday events this month. It’s also a great time to honor family traditions and celebrate your favorite activities.