It’s the end of the year and a great time to let your nanny know how much you appreciate them and all of their hard work. This year has been especially challenging for many due to the global pandemic we have all been living through. Maybe your nanny helped your children with virtual learning, maybe he/she has been extra accommodating with an ever changing schedule, or maybe they stepped up the creative ideas since going out and about wasn’t possible.
The industry standard for annual bonuses paid to nanny is typically 1-2 weeks of pay. Also, most families typically gift the nanny a small gift in addition to a bonus to thank them for a job well done.
Nanny Gift Ideas
- Consider experience gifts: Memberships, subscription boxes, or lessons on something your nanny is interested in.
- Gift cards to local stores and restaurants: Support a local business while thanking your Nanny for a job well done.
- Create a gift basket: Add self care items, coffee, wine, snacks, fuzzy socks, jewelry, a soft blanket, gift cards, books, movies, candles, etc.
- Spa experience: Make a self care/Spa basket for your nanny to have a spa day at home. Or a gift card to a spa following CDC and government guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
- Car detailing: If your nanny uses his/her vehicle for work- having it washed and cleaned of crumbs is a great gift idea.
- A kindle: To enjoy reading while on their break during nap time and to stay updated on child development books/articles.
- A fitness tracker: For him/her to track their steps and to stay active.
- Personalize something from your children: A photo album of the year they’ve had, an ornament with their handwriting, or a coffee mug with your child’s holiday photo.
While gifts aren’t necessary, they are a very nice way to show love and appreciation. Many of us could not live without their nanny (I know that is true for our family) so take some time out to thank them. It’s also a great way to show thanks to a nanny who has been extra special and helpful to you. We encourage you to shop local whenever possible. Some places in town we love are: