Summer Safety Tips
Summer is a great time to have fun outdoors, however, it’s important to be mindful of safety. Here are some things to remember while enjoying the outdoors this summer.
- Keep backyard free from standing water which can breed mosquitos.
- Burn citronella candles and use insect repellent.
- Wear long sleeves and pants when possible.
- Take Precautions
- Wear sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 per CDC.
- Reapply sunscreen often- especially after swimming or sweating.
- Use Accessories
- Have an umbrella to shade some sun.
- Wear a hat and/or sunglasses.
- Be aware
- Check skin often.
- Cover up or find shade if getting red.
While enjoying the sun, please also be sure to remain hydrated. Carry a water bottle with you- eat water rich foods such as melon, celery, cucumbers- and use cooling towels to avoid dehydration and heat illness.