Summer is a great time to have fun outdoors and take advantage of the warm sun. However, it’s very important to be mindful of safety. Here are some tips to help children enjoy playing outside safely this summer.
- Know and follow the rules of pool, beach or splash pad.
- Never take your eyes off of children in the water.
- Use caution with inflatables as they can overturn.
- Discourage running on slick surfaces.
NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED!
Playgrounds and Swingsets
- Inspect equipment before using
- Check for splintered wood, broken pieces, sharp edges.
- Note possible tripping hazards, hot slides, etc.
- Use age appropriate equipment
- Make sure children are playing on equipment geared towards their ages.
- Be aware
- Be alert to kids walking behind swings and standing at bottom of slides.
- Take turns with equipment to avoid crowding.
- Discourage rough play.
While enjoying playtime, please be cautious of safety! And don’t forget sunscreen, bug spray, and water. More on this next week!