It’s almost time for turkey legs, parades and lots of family time! Charlotte’s Best Nanny has compiled a list of some fun Thanksgiving activities for the whole family.
While you are cooking up a storm in the kitchen here are some fun Thanksgiving crafts your kids can work on.
Thankful Wreath: Transform a bunch of clothespins into a fun way for your kids to mark down what they’re grateful for.
Popsicle Stick Turkey: Make an adorable turkey out of a few simple items!
Paper Plate Cherry Pie Kid Craft: Have the kids make their very own ‘dessert’ for the whole family.
Charlotte’s Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade
We all know about the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, but if you are looking to be out in the action, try going to Charlotte’s Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Charlotte Thanksgiving Parade started out in 1947 as a small-town community event. Now, 71 years later, it has grown to become the number one destination for folks who want to celebrate their family, friends and neighbors over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Here is some helpful information about the event:
- Route Info: The parade will step off at 9th Street and march South on Tryon Street to Stonewall Street at 9:00am on Thursday, November 22, 2018.
- Performance Area Location: This year’s performance area will be located right in front of the Duke Energy building.
- Food & Drink: Tryon Street vendors will be serving up coffee, hot chocolate, breakfast sandwiches, donuts, and more on Thanksgiving morning.
- Parking: There is ample parking available Thanksgiving morning in Uptown Charlotte along Tryon Street. Don’t want to drive? The Light Rail will be in service Thanksgiving morning and will drop you right in Uptown. See below for more details!
- Parade Broadcast: The parade will air at 4:00pm on WBTV and again on Christmas morning. It will also be live streamed on WBTV’s Facebook page and on the parade app.
We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving surrounded by friends and family!