Happy July 4th Weekend!
This July 4th weekend, Charlotte is having lots of events! There are Plenty of events for kids and adults all around Charlotte and Surrounding areas.
Friday, July 1st:
- In Belmont they are having carnival rides, games, a corn hole tournament, entertainment and fireworks. Free. 6-10 p.m. Stowe Park, 24 S. Main Street, Belmont.
- The Charlotte Symphony plays at Symphony Park at South Park. It costs $16. Gates open at 5 p.m., prelude performances start at 7 p.m. 4400 Sharon Rd, Charlotte
Saturday, July 2nd:
- The town of Waxhaw is having their Fourth of July parade and events this Saturday. The parade starts at 10 a.m. Activities throughout the day in the downtown Waxhaw area, with fireworks starting at 9:30 p.m.
- Harrisburg is also having a parade, starting at 9 a.m. on Highway 49. With activities throughout the day. Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Matthews is having a People’s Parade at the town hall at 5:30 p.m. July 2nd. You can decorate you own bike/scooter/wagon and join in the parade. Free. Following the parade the band Too Much Sylvia will perform at 7 p.m. at Stump Town Park.
Sunday, July 3rd:
- The US National Whitewater Center is holding a two-day festival (July 3rd to July 4th). On both days there will be live music, followed by a fireworks display each night. Entry is free but parking is $5. From 3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. each day. 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy, Charlotte, NC
- The Millbridge community is holding a 2-mile run throughout the community. The race will be followed by a bike/golf cart parade and live music. Prices range $20 to $30, depending on the type of run. 1401 Mill Bridge Pkwy., Waxhaw.
- The Lowe’s YMCA is having live music, family fun, and fireworks July 3rd. Beginning at 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. 170 Joe V. Knox Ave., Mooresville.
Monday. July 4th:
- At the BB&T Ballpark will be the 2016 Sky Show, the largest outdoor firework show in the Southeast. The Charlotte Knights and the Pawtucket Red Sox with play at 6:30 p.m. and afterwards the fireworks will begin. Tickets must be purchased to get into the ballpark, but the fireworks can still be seen from outside the park.http://skyshowcharlotte.com/
- Carowinds is having fireworks both July 3rd and 4th, along with free admission to any active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with valid military ID.
- Tega Cay is having many activities throughout the day, beginning with a land parade at 9 a.m., followed by a canoe joust, a boat parade and the Carolina Ski Show performing afterwards. There will also be fireworks. 7725 Tega Cay Drive, Tega Cay, S.C.
- The 47th Hickory Grove Parade and Celebration is the largest block party in East Charlotte. At 10:30 a.m. there will be a parade with activities, live music and food. The parade starts at Hickory Grove Recreation Center, 6709 Pence Road, and proceeds to The Grove Church, 5735 East W.T. Harris Boulevard to have a celebration that lasts until 2:30 p.m.
Written by Rebecca