Black Monday and now Cyber Monday is the kickoff to the holiday shopping season and has routinely been the busiest shopping day of the year in stores and online. This year, most stores have been offering deals all month in hopes of discouraging crowds and maintaining social distancing in their stores this weekend.
There are also several online options for curbside and store pickup, as well as delivery. Check with your favorite stores for their online options. Here you can find Cyber Monday ads and deals for most major retailers.
Holiday Gift Ideas and Money Saving Tips
- Consider experience gifts. Skills Pop classes, museum memberships, cooking or music lessons, subscription boxes, etc are nice for people with too much stuff.
- Gift cards to local stores and restaurants make great gifts. Many offer coupons with gift card purchases or bonus cards if you spend a certain amount.
- Ask the recipient if they want to exchange gifts this year. Honor their wishes if they say no. Maybe they don’t need anything or maybe they don’t have the funds to celebrate.
- Have Secret Santa or White Elephant exchanges with friend groups or families to avoid everyone buying gifts for everyone.
- Use coupons when possible and take advantage of bounce back shopping and free shipping offers.
While gifts usually aren’t necessary, they can be a great way to show love and appreciation. The holidays are a great time to send something to those you haven’t been able to spend time with this year. It’s also a nice way to show thanks to those who have been extra special and helpful to you.
We encourage you to shop local when possible and do not forget tomorrow is Giving Tuesday. If you can donate to an organization, there are so many organizations that could use your support as you shop this holiday season. Happy Shopping!