With Halloween right around the corner we would like to remind everyone about the importance of safety. This is of course a fun and whimsical night for children to dress up and collect candy but it is important to remember to always be safe. These are a few helpful tips for staying safe on Halloween!
- Be sure to cross the streets on corners, use crosswalks whenever possible, and be sure to look left and right before crossing the street.
- Always use sidewalks or paths when available!
- To help with visibility, incorporate reflective tape into children’s costume or let them carry glow sticks.
- Be sure that all costumes fit properly to avoid tripping.
- For older children who can trick-or-treat unsupervised, be sure to plan a route as well as a curfew.
- Remind ALL children to never go into a strangers home or car.
- Keep all electronic devices away to avoid any distractions while walking in the street in the dark.
- Do a quick inspection of your children’s treats before letting them enjoy!
These are just a few of the many tips for staying safe this Halloween! We hope everyone has an enjoyable, safe, and spooky night!
Check out these sites for a few more safety tips!